μ-Slide ibiPore SiN applications
The μ-Slide ibiPore SiN features a thin, transparent silicon nitride (SiN) membrane as the imaging surface. This membrane has specific properties that make it suitable for live cell imaging under a microscope. It is extremely thin, allowing for minimal optical distortion and high-resolution imaging. The SiN material is also compatible with various imaging techniques, such as confocal microscopy, total internal reflection fluorescence microscopy (TIRF), and other high-resolution imaging modalities.
- Trans-endothelial migration under flow conditions.
- Co-cultivation of cell layers and transport assays in 2D or in a 3D gel matrix.
- Apical-basal cell polarity assays.
- Cell barrier model assays with apical-basal gradients.
- Cell migration assays (e.g., to investigate tumor invasion or metastasis).
- A µ-Slide with a porous silicon nitride membrane for imaging of transmigration and transport studies under flow or static conditions.
- Brilliant optical quality through the thin, porous membrane.
- Full access to the apical and basal sides of adherent cells in numerous applications.
- Different pore sizes available for various cell types…
The μ-Slide ibiPore SiN consists of a horizontal porous membrane that is inserted between two channels. The upper channel is a static reservoir above the membrane. The lower channel is a perfusion channel for applying defined shear stress on cells, which are attached to the membrane…
How to use μ-Slide ibiPore SiN ?
Using the μ-Slide ibiPore SiN involves several steps to ensure proper handling and preparation for live cell imaging.
- Cell Seeding
- Cell Attachment and Growth
- Microscopy and Imaging
- Data Collection
- Data Analysis